12 December 2008

I registered for classes last night.

So far I have been able to enroll in one class that fits my time schedule. I can only take classes that are 5:30 or later and even then it will be a hell of a rush to get to class on time. So, my ONE class so far is actually aimed at Tourism Students - Occupational Conversation Spanish. It will be on Mondays from 5:30pm to 8:20 and is worth 3 credits.

And i have one self-paced online course covering beginning powerpoint, word and excel 2007. It is worth 1 credit.

I am also on a waiting list for a non-degree sewing class that my friend Catherine is already signed up for. That is on Thursday nights from 6:30 - 9:30pm 1-29 to 3-5.


What does all of this mean? It means I need to dig deep into my pockets and pay for everything without a loan (can that even be done in this day of student loans?). It also means a slow slog through school based on what I can pay not on what I am capable of learning.

I mean I'm the chica who was wondering if she could take beginning nursing classes just to take them. Why? Because I am curious. I also want to take blacksmithing classes. Why? Because I'm curious.

I've waited 10 years to go back to school and now I just want to learn as much as I can. Why? That's right... because I'm curious!

Silly silly me.

:D

But I'm also really happy at the present moment that I at least have the chance to learn anything I want as long as I can pay for it.

No comments: